Sunday 7 June 2020

.. "Wildflowers don't care where they grow .."

"So I uprooted myself from home ground and left
Took my dreams and I took to the road
When a flower grows wild it can always survive
Wildflowers don't care where they grow"

Parton, D 1986

Anacamptis pyramidalis


Melampyrum arvense


Acinos arvensis

Orobanche hederae


Rosa micrantha

Having returned from a road trip, that took in some pretty stunning wildflowers - I took a late afternoon walk around the back garden, and noticed for the first time a single spike of Orobanche minor just starting to open its flowers.

This is only the second garden record - the first being in 2017 - this new spike some 2m away from the original site.

Orobanche minor

The broomrape was not the only surprise that the garden threw me, as a Sphinx ligustri was roosting on the outside of the bug-hotel.


No comments:

Post a Comment