Thursday 20 February 2014

ring-billed gull (Larus delawarensis L.), Gosport; and others ..

I caught up again, with the ring-billed gull, at Walpole Park, Gosport; now wintering in Hampshire for its 11th consecutive year.

Having gatecrashed a couple of family groups busy feeding the gulls - I achieved more interesting photos than I could have hoped for, than when stalking the bird alone.

On the way home, I took a walk along Southsea sea-front between Clarence Pier and South Parade Pier. I was able to pick out a single kittiwake (Rissa tridactyla), and four mediterreanean gulls (Larus melanocephalus) - amongst a long and straggling roost of black-headed gull (Chroicocephalus ridibundus) just off shore between Clarence Pier and Southsea Castle.

I was delighted to find three little gull (Hydrocoloeus minutus) (2ad and 1w), hawking along the shoreline at Southsea Castle.






ring-billed gull
 
 
 
little gull 1w and ad

No comments:

Post a Comment