Saturday 12 May 2018

Hedgehogs (Erinaceus europaeus L.), Horndean, Hampshire

These three hedgehogs were seen late night / early morning today, in our front garden, communing noisily under the fuchsia bush. The group comprised a single large hedgehog, and two smaller ones - so I presume a family group?

I had wondered whether we would ever see them in the garden? I had recorded them some time ago crossing the road on the main drag to the south of us. I had also noted a scat on the road verge, immediately adjacent to the house a couple of weeks prior to today's visitation, although I then forgot to record and confirm it.



I shot a small video, and whilst very little can be seen of the animals themselves, it captures well the level of noise coming from the bush, it was this that drew my attention to their presence in the first place:

Hedgehogs

Addendum

26th May 2018

A single scat was on the lawn under the front room window, and I am more confident now, that it is hedgehog poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment